Have you ever tried to make your own bath bombs… Well with a few household items, it is actually really simple. Once you have a basic recipe you can try all kinds of different scents and colours. Even add some flowers from the garden to decorate. These would make an ideal gift for family and friends.
You will need:
- Bicarbonate of Soda - 100g
- Citric Acid - 50g
- Cornflour - 25g
- Epsom salts - 25g (this is optional)
- Olive oil - 2Tbsp (you can use Sunflower or Coconut)
- Scented Oil - ¼ Tsp
- Food Colouring - Few drops
- Mixing Bowl
- Plastic Moulds for shaping, (these are not essential you can shape the bomb by hand!).
- Put the Bicarbonate of soda, Citric Acid, Cornflour and Epsom salts in the bowl, and mix them altogether.
- In a separate bowl add the Oil, scented oil and food colouring, and mix well, so the food colouring is as evenly distributed as possible.
- Very slowly add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients, a bit at a time, mixing after each addition. Once all the oil is added, you will need add a few drops of water. You are looking for the mixture to clump together, but not too wet!! The mixture will fizz when the water is added, so mix quickly.
- You can experiment with different shape moulds and add decoration