The mono-crystaline solar panel has a maximum rating of 4.4V, 90mA. It can be easily energised by a bright lamp or sunlight.
Sudents can explore the behaviour of the solar cell:
• Investigate how the output voltage varies with the area of cell exposed to the light
• Use filters to investigate how the output voltage varies with colour/wavelength of light
• Use a light meter and investigate how the output voltage varies with light intensity
• Determine the optimum electrical load for maximum power transfer for a known light intensity
• Determine how the maximum power varies with the light intensity when the electrical load is fixed