Van de Graaff Generator, Motor-Driven
An efficient design for all the usual electrostatic experiments and for where a continuous source of high voltage is required. It has a strong metal base with profiled hand grips, housing a quiet running a.c. motor. The discharge sphere may be plugged into the base or supported separately, linked to the arching post with a standard 4mm connecting lead.
• Charge Collecting Belt: silicone rubber having excellent insulation resistance
• Tracking: belt-tracking easily adjusted
• Charge Collecting Combs: aluminium mesh, design to be clearly visible
• Spheres: aluminium, 200mm diameter
• Connections: 4mm sockets in dome and base
• Voltage Developed: up to 200kV, depending on ambient conditions, with a spark length of 60mm
• Discharger: spherical 75mm diameter on rod for plugging into the base earth socket or support in a retort stand
• Supplied with 1.5m mains lead, illuminated mains on/off switch and fuse
• This device is compliant to EN61010-2010 with certificates available on request
Dimensions: 225 x 180 x 480mm.