Wild Feet Exploration Kit
Bring Science, Design & Technology, and Maths to life for Year 3 students with this hands-on, ready-to-teach, animal feet-themed project. Fully aligned to the National Curriculum, this all-encompassing, easy-to-implement project engages students in a series of interactive and practical activities to solve a real-world problem-solving challenge:
In Wild Feet Exploration, Jazmin loves hiking but her boots always slip! Using inspiration from nature, students learn about friction, material properties, data collection, and model building as they help her best friend Ivy to design a hiking boot with a stronger grip.
• Provides 3 hours of teaching time split into six 30 minute lessons
• Includes everything needed to start teaching, right out of the box, saving up to 12 hours of planning and preparation time
• Meets National Curriculum for England (2014) attainment targets in Science, Design & Technology, and Maths
• Ideal for classes and after-school clubs of 24-30 students
• Includes: a comprehensive teacher guide book including lesson plans, photocopiable worksheets, home-connections activities, and assessment tool; 6 student activity books; 6 Angled Grip Testers™ (wooden ramps); 6 model shoes; 51 self-adhesive material samples; 6 magnifiers; 18 beanbags; 6 sets of double-sided animal feet cards; stored within a sturdy Gratnells tray.
• WARNING: Small parts. Not for children under 3 years