Light Box And Optical Set PK
A set of optical apparatus for all types of optical experiment involving reflection, refraction and colour mixing. The principal component is a robust light box finished in matt black with a 20W halogen lamp with 0.75m of twin flex. One end of the box has a cylindrical convex lens in an adjustable sliding mount which allows a parallel, convergent or divergent beam to be produced. The other end of the box has a triple aperture system for colour mixing experiments, the lateral apertures have adjustable hinged mirrors. All apertures in the box are provided with vertical channels to hold slit plates and/or colour filters.
Optical accessories included:
• Perspex blocks (prisms): One rectangular, one semi-circular, one triangular prism 60° x 60° x 60°, one triangular prism 90° x 60° x 30°, one triangular prism 90° x 45° x 45°.
• Cylindrical perspex lenses: One double concave, one double convex (both with the same radius of curvature), one thick double convex.
• Mirrors: One curved metallised plastic (parabolic), one curved metallised plastic (semi-circular), one plane glass (mounted on stand).
• Black plastic slit plates: One with three narrow slits and one narrow slit, one with four narrow slits and one wide slit.
• Set of eight colour filters: Primary red, primary green, primary blue, cyan, violet, yellow, orange and magenta.
• Set of eight coloured cards: Red, green, blue, violet, orange, cyan, yellow, pink.
The set is supplied complete with a spare lamp and a detailed instruction manual.
Dimensions of light box: 170 x 90 x 55mm.
Power supply not included.